Step 1 – Let us know what you are looking for
You can either give us a call on 01273 464999, fill in the form on the contact us page, or email us at email@example.com
We can then check the availability of what you are after and let you know a price for your hire and the deposit amount. If you are happy, we can book the hire in using just your name and a contact phone number.
Step 2 – Collecting your hire
Before you come down to collect, make sure have the following items with you:
- Your Hire Fee – This can be paid on credit or debit card, or by cash
- Your Deposit – This can be paid on credit or debit card, or by cash
- Your Photo ID – Either a full UK photo drivers license or a UK passport
- Your Proof of Address – Either a bank statement or a utilities bill from the last 3 months
Once you are happy you have these with you, come to our showroom at 80 Old Shoreham Road, Shoreham (the old Dent Magician building). We are open 9:30 to 5:30 weekdays and 10 till 5 Saturdays.
We will get you to fill in a hire form, take a copy of your ID and sort out the deposit and hire fee. Once the paperwork and payments are done we will show you your equipment, and if you need, give you a brief run through of how to set up and use it.
You are now ready to take the equipment away and enjoy your event!
Step 3 – Returning the equipment
The equipment can be brought back to our showroom where it will be checked in by one of our team. If everything comes back as it should and on time, we will refund or return your deposit and the copy of your ID we took.
If you are delayed or unable to bring the items back on the date it is due, just give us a call to let us know. If you are able to notify us in good time then we only charge at the 2nd day rate (50%), but any unannounced late returns will be charged at the full daily rate.
Advance Booking Required Items
Certain items we offer for hire require booking in advance and cannot be hired ‘on the day’. This applies to our higher value items, and is mentioned in the item description.
Due to the high value and limited availability of these items we require a booking deposit to be paid upfront. This is normally £100 inc VAT, and will come off your hire fee when collecting. We will need your home address, and the address where the equipment will be used in advance, as we may carry out credit checks before we accept the hire.
If we are unable to offer the hire, then we will refund any booking deposit paid. If a hire is cancelled with more than 7 days notice a full refund on the booking deposit will be given. If the hire is cancelled with less than 7 days notice, then the booking deposit is not refunded.
The equipment we hire out is of a professional standard. Customers hiring are expected to have a knowledge of how to use the equipment. We can offer training if required, please enquire if needed. If an item is damaged from misuse, or the customer is unable to use an item due to a lack of knowledge, Showtec will not be held responsible.
All persons collecting and returning hires must be capable of moving the equipment to and from their vehicle. Our staff cannot leave the showroom unattended to carry equipment for you, but we can supply a trolley if you require. Also please ensure you have a vehicle large enough to transport the equipment. We can supply dimensions or give advice if required.
Showtec, 80 Old Shoreham Road, Shoreham, West Sussex, BN43 5TD
We are located halfway between the Swiss Cottage Pub and the Amsterdam Pub, on the Old Shoreham Road.
Standard Opening / Collection Times
• Mon – Friday 9:30am – 5:30pm
• Saturday 10am – 5pm
• Sunday / Bank Holiday Closed
• For low value hires we do not charge an upfront deposit or booking fee, so we rely on you as a customer to inform us if there are any cancellations or changes to your hire
• If you do need to cancel an item then inform us as soon as possible as the item may be in demand for other hires
• If we are not informed of a cancellation, and you are a ‘no show’, then we may require full upfront payment for any future hires you wish to book
• Cancellations made to your hire on the day of collection will still be charged
We aim to ensure that all items supplied to you are in full working order. We carry out an annual PAT test on all our hire stock (certificate can be provided), and all items are checked before each hire, and on their return.
In the unfortunate instance of an item failing, or not working correctly, please let us know as soon as possible. If we are open, we will do our best to offer an alternative unit to you, or to fix the fault. If we have closed or you are unable to return an item before your event, then let us know on returning the item. We will test the item and should any fault be found we will happily refund its hire charge in full.
Please note that if a fault is due to user error then items will not be refunded, and if a fault is due to misuse or user damage, then repair costs may be incurred.
Terms & Conditions
• All prices are including VAT @ 20%.
• The hirer is responsible for any damage or loss to the equipment however caused, and will reimburse Showtec for the full replacement or repair cost should this occur.
• Showtec reserves the right to alter any prices or specification without prior notice.
• Descriptions and manufacturers are used as a guide only. Should the equipment you require not be available for any reason, Showtec will aim to offer an alternative.
• Goods returned late will be charged at the normal daily rate.
• Showtec reserves the right to credit check customers prior to releasing any goods.
• If a dispute arises, all conditions are standard to the Rental & Hire Agreement Act enforced under English law.